Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project

Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project 2 years, 4 months ago #61070

• Escapist
  • Site Manager
Looking forward to this? Curious what we will hear?
Not a clue what I'm going on about?

Well The Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck is a book Tuomas has which is a Scrooge comic by Don Rosa. Tuomas has wanted to write a 'soundtrack' about this for about 15 years now.
Knowing about this project, we (TH.com) decided to buy him the Life of Scrooge McDuck book by Carl Barks. An earlier publication of Scrooge comics. Tuomas said that it would inspire his project more and he is looking forward to starting it.

Well we know Troy and Pip will be featured and Tuomas said some tracks are expected to have vocals.
Tuomas plans to spend approximately 2 months in Disney to write the songs around April/May 2013. He hopes to enter the studio to record it in the summer before festival season.

TH.com will feature exclusive updates about the project and diary entries by Tuomas throughout the creation of the project.

Share your thoughts
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Escapist.

Re: Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project 2 years, 4 months ago #61072

• Simona
  • Century Child
  • Crazy cruiser
Ooooh, a whole separate topic to discuss this, looks like things are getting serious here.. and really exciting! :woohoo:
Proud pancake lady of the Asylum.

My Blog
My Nightwish Collection

Re: Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project 2 years, 4 months ago #61075

Hey ! Scrooge is my favourite Disney's characters !

I can't wait for it !

Re: Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project 2 years, 4 months ago #61082

• Berwald
  • Angels Fall First
I am sure it will be beyond magical. More Disney than Disney has been for so many years now. Cant wait for it :D

Re: Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project 2 years, 4 months ago #61086

• Elieth
  • Angels Fall First
I am do curious about this project. Thank you so much for sharing!

Re: Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project 2 years, 4 months ago #61092

I`m so happy tha he`s fulfilling his long-time dream. :woohoo: :kiss:
Losing faith and love is bearable, losing hope is the end of everything.

Re: Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project 2 years, 4 months ago #61098

Disney sounds like the perfect place to compose something. Expecially for Tuomas *---* can't wait for it!

Re: Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project 2 years, 4 months ago #61102

• Hevein
  • Angels Fall First
Escapist wrote:

Tuomas plans to spend approximately 2 months in Disney to write the songs around April/May 2013. He hopes to enter the studio to record it in the summer before festival season.

It's such an OT that I put it in spoiler tags, hehe

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Getting back to the solo work and Uncle Scrooge, I think it's such an unusual and really unexpected theme, even though we all know how passionate Tuomas is about Disney. On the other hand, what else could his solo work be about? I mean, everything that's personal and dear to him goes to Nightwish, and there isn't much left. Every artist has his own limits, and I doubt Tuomas will ever cross them and start writing something in the vein of Epica lyrics heavily inspired by society and political issues etc.

Anyway, at this stage I expect his The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck OST to transmit the very same emotions you get while reading the infamous Donald Duck comic books: joy and happiness, wanderlust, "there's magic everywhere!" as well as doubt, shame, insight, compassion and empathy, feeling of a greater, larger than life story or being "hidden" in between the comic canvas
I remember reading these comics back in childhood, and they gave me hundreds of joyful minutes and teached me something very crucial about life's basics, family and friends relationship... I really hope all of it will eventually appear in Tuomas' work this way or another, and inspire may people to read or re-read the book and get their sweet memories back
"Insane universe where God has clearly died and lies stinking on the floor of a pillaged heaven" /S. King, "Wolves of the Calla"
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Hevein.

Re: Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project 2 years, 4 months ago #61105

• Escapist
  • Site Manager
Hevein wrote:
so I'd love to ask first, does these preliminary dates (Disney vacancies around April/May and album's completion before the summer festival season) mean NW 2013 tour might get stretched? E.g. they can make a small finnish + festivals tour after a little break etc.
Any news?

Things are still up in the air regarding end of tour, but you know I'm not allowed to share anything. Last I heard the tour still planned to end beginning 2013 but this news is from beginning of the year. Never asked since as end of 2012 still wasn't sorted then.

On topic:
I was actually considering reading The Life and Times myself, but I think I might wait for the OST and listen to the song corresponding to the story and read as listen.
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Escapist.

Re: Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project 2 years, 4 months ago #61116

• roz80
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Century Child
Looking forward to it. Interested to know how "big" it's going to sound,
can guess the piano/keyboard, and Troys pipes, bits.

But with Pip on board, who knows what it will end up like!?
Fantasia here we come.
Exciting stuff. x
" A wondrous evening Rozzy"
T.H chat 16/6/11

Re: Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project 2 years, 4 months ago #61121

• Huchingson
  • Angels Fall First
How exciting for Tuomas to finally get to make this dream come true! Can't wait to see what his brilliantly creative mind comes up with!! Thank you for keeping us updated.

Re: Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project 2 years, 4 months ago #61128

• Solstice
  • Banned
So it's going to be kind of his soundtrack to the comic book? No movie planned? I'm just wondering if Disney studio is involved in it more than being the inspirational source. Like financing it or maybe releasing it under their brand instead of Nuclear Blast...

Re: Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project 2 years, 4 months ago #61131

• waynef
  • Wishmaster
  • Short Track Junkie
I think this is INCREDIBLE. I have been a life long Disney fan myself and know of this story. I can't wait to hear the music make the entire story come to life. This is sooooo exciting
2011 Delta Sim Racing Fall GN69 Champion
2011 Delta Sim Racing Summer GN69 Champion
2009 CARS Truck Series Champion
2008 Nascor Craftsman Truck Series Champion
2 time MCR Late Model Champion
MORE Racin, Can-Am Series Late Model Champion
MORE Racin, GN70v2 Champion
ONSL Truck Series Champion

Re: Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project 2 years, 4 months ago #61138

• Elven
  • Wishmaster
I will be hanging out for news about how this project evolves. I only heard about it the other day, and instantly had a feeling that this is going to be very successful for all involved, and the process satisfying - like a feast for the senses.
Cant wait!

Re: Life and Times Of Scrooge McDuck project 2 years, 4 months ago #61140

• Escapist
  • Site Manager
No movie. Disney are NOT involved at all. This is just an inspirational project. Tuomas does not/won't get a licence to market this as Disney
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fravashi
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Copyright Kersantti 2008-2014