Username Password: Remember me

Showtime, Storytime
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Showtime, Storytime

Showtime, Storytime 1 year ago #107137

• NyjahAtaru
  • Century Child
  • Fly to a dream!
Just thought we could have a topic for the new DVD!

Here's some detailed informatiom
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

I can't wait! It's going to be splendid!!
I am and always will be the optimist
The hoper of far-flung hopes
and the dreamer of improbable dreams
Last Edit: 1 year ago by NyjahAtaru.
The following user(s) said Thank You: solarsun, Maija, serafim, Ox fan 4ever, Natsou, Darkness Crawler

Re: Showtime, Storytime 1 year ago #107139

• Maija
  • Angels Fall First
The cover looks great!
So the first Christmas gift this year will arrive allready at 29.11.
I´am so happy, that it will include the GLS Performance in Buenos Aires. What a masterpiece of Floor!
The following user(s) said Thank You: solarsun

Re: Showtime, Storytime 1 year ago #107140

• *Dandelion*
  • The Resident Evil
There has been some discussions over the English NW forum whether Anette will be on the DVD or not. Naturally this issue really interests people, so we thought we should ask around a bit. The following text is copy/pasted from mojo's post on NWforum, as we thought people here too must know about this.

To avoid more false rumors/speculations about the upcoming DVD and the documentary we asked the man who is responsible for it, Ville Lipiäinen. With his permission we’re going to put his statement right here. Our question was as simple as it can get: Will Anette be part of the documentary?

Hello everyone,

We began shooting the Nightwish Imaginaerum - world tour documentary in January 2012. The shootings continued all the way until August 2013, so we ended up having tons of material from the tour. The material included, among other things, concerts, rehearsals and interviews from all the members of the band. The editing process of the documentary started already in early 2012.

However, in the beginning of March 2013 we received a message insisting that no visuals (moving or still) nor any audio featuring Anette Olzon can be used on the dvd, this being her personal request.

This meant that we had to go back to the very beginning of the editing process. We respect her wish, and that`s why Anette will unfortunately not be seen or heard on the "Showtime, Storytime" - dvd.

Ville Lipiäinen

- Director

Big thanks to Ville for this! Of course, we asked around a bit more and we learned this:

Anette’s decision was out of the bands control believe it or not, the band wanted her to be a part of this documentary because she was an important part of Nightwish for quite some years and nobody wanted her to be cut out and forgotten like that. Not at all! It was never the bands intension. It was her decision alone and of course she has all the right to ask for it. Also, there are no negative feelings from the band towards her decision. They all respected her wishes about this matter and they told her it’s fine. From this point everybody moved on.

Maybe now we can stop blaming members of the band for something that became a process with its own dynamic because of false rumors or what was said/posted somewhere over the internet.
I do not deny evil, nor do I believe that any human is completely free of malice. Everything must be in balance. As long as evil and good maintain an equilibrium in this world there is no problem. Perfect balance is the key to everything. (Death The Kid - Soul Eater)
Last Edit: 1 year ago by *Dandelion*.

Re: Showtime, Storytime 1 year ago #107141

• serafim
  • Wishmaster
It's SO pity for me that Anette won't be the part of the upcoming documentary! But of course...it's her personal decision and I respect it, as I like her so much!

Really thank you for information!
But anyway I will be waiting for a new DVD.
...And there forever remains the change from G to Em...
Last Edit: 1 year ago by serafim.

Re: Showtime, Storytime 1 year ago #107142

Thanks Dandelion, for sharing the info.

It's sad that she won't be in the DVD but it's her wish and it must be respected

Guess I already have a Christmas gift

Re: Showtime, Storytime 1 year ago #107144

• Escapist
  • Site Manager
New interview up from Tuomas and he touches on the DVD

Link
The following user(s) said Thank You: solarsun, Illu, serafim, NyjahAtaru, Natsou, Darkness Crawler, Korva

Re: Showtime, Storytime 1 year ago #107148

• dragonprincess
  • German Translator
  • Morgonstjärnan
I still don't really like the title of the dvd but the artwork is great. So... first xmas present for myself.
"What is a Nightwish?" "It's something so perverse, I cannot tell you right now in front of the camera."
T. in some random interview

Dragon's second home - the asylum!
One Of The Mindless Ghouls and Chief Exorcist of the Asylum

Re: Showtime, Storytime 1 year ago #107153

• Ox fan 4ever
  • Wishmaster
  • I need to die to feel alive
Really looking forward for the DVD. In my opinion the title is great but the artwork... Well it's fine It's a pity that Anette is not in it but it's her own decision so can't complain!

Good setlist and happy to have GLS & IWMTB videos on the DVD as well.

Re: Showtime, Storytime 1 year ago #107165

• Boo89
  • Century Child
I'm really looking forward to this!
I like the cover - it makes me smile

Come along November, we're waiting!
Peace Out

Re: Showtime, Storytime 1 year ago #107166

• ScarletLark
  • Century Child
  • Artist, writer, student
When I first saw the cover I thought of the sweep over cinematic shot of the battle of Morder between Elves/Men and orcs I think it is just the coloring and masses of people though. Definitely adding this to my birthday wishlist...I'm looking forwards to that recording of GLS being on the dvd.
See.me
Etsy
Blog

“Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a serious problem.” -The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boo89

Re: Showtime, Storytime 1 year ago #107227

• dragonprincess
  • German Translator
  • Morgonstjärnan
This is much more epic than men and elves vs orcs. I prefer Nightwish DVDs over Lord of the Rings. Bit more than two months till release.
"What is a Nightwish?" "It's something so perverse, I cannot tell you right now in front of the camera."
T. in some random interview

Dragon's second home - the asylum!
One Of The Mindless Ghouls and Chief Exorcist of the Asylum
Last Edit: 1 year ago by dragonprincess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boo89

Re: Showtime, Storytime 1 year ago #107275

• Ox fan 4ever
  • Wishmaster
  • I need to die to feel alive
The presales started today.. Ugh, kinda expensive for me atm. Well, it has a lot of material so I understand the price..
The following user(s) said Thank You: serafim, Darkness Crawler

Re: Showtime, Storytime 1 year ago #107279

• serafim
  • Wishmaster
Thanks for info!
Yeah, the price is biting
...And there forever remains the change from G to Em...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ox fan 4ever

Re: Showtime, Storytime 1 year ago #107283

• Evil_Wench
  • Ninja in Training
Damn, don't you just hate it when your finger accidentally slips and hits the "Buy now" button!
I'm not mad; I'm sanity-challenged!

"Wenchy is the Poet of Poet and the Bandulum" - Solarsun

Toeless Ghoul and proud member of the Clan of the Crippled Ghouls
The following user(s) said Thank You: solarsun, Ox fan 4ever

Re: Showtime, Storytime 1 year ago #107284

• roz80
  • Century Child
Pay day next week! So i'll spend my money then, and run out of it before the next one as always.
Can't think why buying this wouldn't come under- Extremely Important Priority.
" A wondrous evening Rozzy"
T.H chat 16/6/11
The following user(s) said Thank You: solarsun
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds

Copyright Kersantti 2008-2014