• Escapist
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Site Manager
Post about all things Anette

Re:Anette Olzon 3 years, 5 months ago #30355

• dragonprincess
  • German Translator
  • Morgonstjärnan
Well, I read Anette's blog almost everyday and I like her current hair colour. Hopefully, she keeps that one during the Imaginarium shoots.
"What is a Nightwish?" "It's something so perverse, I cannot tell you right now in front of the camera."
T. in some random interview

Dragon's second home - the asylum!
One Of The Mindless Ghouls and Chief Exorcist of the Asylum

Re:Anette Olzon 3 years, 5 months ago #30398

• Ida
  • Angels Fall First
I can say that in the beginning when I first heard her voice with Nightwish I strongly disliked it, so I did not listen to Nightwish for like two or three days. Then I started to listen to the album again and again and I enjoyed her voice to the point where I listened to them everyday for about a month straight. Anette is now one of my top three singers.

Re:Anette Olzon 3 years, 5 months ago #30413

• solarsun
  • Century Child
I think she is lovely She seems such a sweet person and she has an amazing voice
I am a Viking, a very very dilute and tame Viking! But a proud Viking Nonetheless!!

Re:Anette Olzon 3 years, 5 months ago #30416

• DaedraLord
  • Oceanborn
  • See you on the other side with poets and madmen
I prefer Tarja's voice because it sounds to me like hmmm i can't describe it. When i heard about Anette i thought but why Tarja left? Her voice was perfect for the band. But when i bought DPP and heard to the intro of The Poet And The Pendulum i thought that i was dreaming.

Now something not about Anette. It's amazing how Tuomas managed to fit Marco' voice to both singers.
When I was a boy I didn't know what I should do They said get an education you got to forget about the blues But I was hooked on rock and roll I got a demon in my soul I was waiting for the day when I could break away

@Last.fm
@facebook
@MySpace

Re:Anette Olzon 3 years, 5 months ago #30421

• Naudiz
  • Angels Fall First
  • The one with the well-worn shoes.
Anette is one of my favourite female vocalists, besides Tarja, Vibeke Stene (Tristania) and Birgit Lau (Mandrake). She seems to be a gentle, joyful heart, but she had to fight a lot also. I adore her for standing still tall after all, and to be such light on stage while she knows there are still a lot of haters outside, maybe even in the crowd.

I'm a follower of her blog, too, and found that she's always there for her fans, shares her life, lets us know what she thinks and feels. She answers our questions, too, if they are important or interesting enough.

When I heard her first on DPP, I fell in love with her voice. She's not Tarja, but that's good! I like that she doesn't tries to sound like Tarja, cause that would be a big mistake.
Her rock vocals fit the new horizon Nightwish's going to explore. I'm curious how the new album will sound.
"So arm your heart with self-worth,
yet prepare for sorrow and pain.
Don't let fear eat you from inside -
wear your weaknesses with pride."
(Insomnium - Weather the Storm)

Re:Anette Olzon 3 years, 5 months ago #30426

• TiggerGirl13
  • Wishmaster
  • Longing to touch the face of the stars since 1980
I truly admire how honest and nice she is.
Great voice, too!
It is a small thing, this dear gift of life handed us mysteriously out of immensity. - Ray Bradbury
----------------------------------------------
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious - the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Albert Einstein

Re:Anette Olzon 3 years, 5 months ago #30433

• Simbelmynë
  • Angels Fall First
I really love her :blush:
In the beginning I was against her, like most of the fans, but after she started her blog I changed my mind.
Now I thing she is really sweet and funny and nice and everything positive

Re:Anette Olzon 3 years, 5 months ago #30437

• dragonprincess
  • German Translator
  • Morgonstjärnan
I started to like her after going to a concert. And I also think that her voice fits together with Marco's.
"What is a Nightwish?" "It's something so perverse, I cannot tell you right now in front of the camera."
T. in some random interview

Dragon's second home - the asylum!
One Of The Mindless Ghouls and Chief Exorcist of the Asylum

Re:Anette Olzon 3 years, 5 months ago #30447

• Nadege
  • Angels Fall First
Anette is a really fantastic singer !
She has a very nice voice and a great energy on stage :kiss:
A dream turn into a dream...
The following user(s) said Thank You: April.27

Re:Anette Olzon 3 years, 5 months ago #30456

• Daria
  • Finnish Translator
I like her voice very much and I have liked it right from the beginning. Ok, have to admit that when I heard Eva it didn't impress me that much at the first listen, but it had more to do with the song itself than the singer's voice. But the song made me curious to hear what the whole album would sound like with her voice, because I knew that I couldn't judge the new singer just based on that one song, knowing how stylewise wide range of songs NW can have in one album.

I had some doubts with how Anette would sound like when singing the old NW songs, but after hearing her sing Sleeping Sun live at the first show I went to my doubts pretty much disappeared. Of course her versions differ a lot from the originals, but I've learned to appreciate both. And to be honest, there is some old songs where I actually prefer the "Anette version".
"Oh, Mario, if only I could control everyone the way I control you...Hop you little plumber, hop, hop!"
-Sheldon Cooper-

"You're so thick! You're Mr. Thick Thick Thickety Thickface from Thicktown, Thickania! ...And so's your dad."
-The Doctor-

Re:Anette Olzon 3 years, 5 months ago #30463

• DaedraLord
  • Oceanborn
  • See you on the other side with poets and madmen
You were right to add the key word version. People try to compare Anette with Tarja. But they do not know that they are completely different.
When I was a boy I didn't know what I should do They said get an education you got to forget about the blues But I was hooked on rock and roll I got a demon in my soul I was waiting for the day when I could break away

@Last.fm
@facebook
@MySpace

Re:Anette Olzon 3 years, 5 months ago #30467

I absolutely adore her! :D It was her voice that first drew me to Nightwish, and I still prefer her versions of most of the songs on Once! What I really love about her is that she's so friendly and strong. It takes a lot to keep on going after hearing the kind of stuff that people say about her.

Also she has the same birthday as me! :D
Why does it rain, rain, rain, down on utopia?

Re:Anette Olzon 3 years, 5 months ago #30496

• heaven queen
  • Century Child
  • Crazy Imagineer
Daria wrote:
I had some doubts with how Anette would sound like when singing the old NW songs, but after hearing her sing Sleeping Sun live at the first show I went to my doubts pretty much disappeared. Of course her versions differ a lot from the originals, but I've learned to appreciate both. And to be honest, there is some old songs where I actually prefer the "Anette version".

+1
I also liked her from the very beggining but "Eva" and "Amaranth" as songs themselves hadn't done the trick for me...When I heard them I was like "OH NO! OOOH NOOO...OOY"
When dpp was released I felt a big relief although I had some doubts considering her live performances during 2007-2008...but the 2009 live shows came and radically changed my opinion...in a good way of course! I love her voice now :blush:
And hopefully Imaginarium will be better than dpp considering the fact that Imaginarium is totally written for her own vocal abilities and range! Go Nettan!
It was us
Roaming the rainy roads, combing the gilded beaches
Waking up to a new gallery of wonders every morn
Bathing in places no-one`s seen before
Shipwrecked on some matt-painted island
Clad in nothing but the surf - beauty`s finest robe
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by heaven queen.

Re:Anette Olzon 3 years, 5 months ago #30513

heaven queen wrote:

And hopefully Imaginarium will be better than dpp considering the fact that Imaginarium is totally written for her own vocal abilities and range! Go Nettan!

This! I think DPP worked amazingly well considering all the songs were done before she was picked, and that Imaginarium can only be better because they were done with her in mind and with her input.
"There are some who can live without wild things, and some who cannot." -Aldo Leopold
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Copyright Kersantti 2008-2014